[alac-forum] Accuracy of Whois Data
  • To: <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac-forum] Accuracy of Whois Data
  • From: "Connex Pro Audio" <connex-pro-audio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:42:32 -0800
  • Sender: <owner-alac-forum@xxxxxxxxx>

There is very little point in having meetings ,
drawing conclusions , and making recommendations
about the accuracy of whois data if there isn't a
simple , unambiguous , and foolproof method for
registrants to force registrars to amend
inaccurate data .
I have been trying , through a variety of means to
get Verisign to publish to the registry
www.nic.name correct data for my domain name .
None of the phone numbers are correct , Verisign
have inserted their own phone numbers in some
fields , and an email address is missing . This is
the current situation , previously it was even worse !
I have been complaining about this for well over a
year and I have never yet been able to properly
amend my Whois data once and for all .
ICANN is worthless if it cannot even manage to
enforce the stipulations of the contracts it has
with registrars . Worthy intentions are no good ,
there must be a proper system for forcing
registrars to publish undoctored Whois data .

Regards , Conor C .