Re: [alac-forum] Where is ICANN's view on the UN WSIS on your home page?

Dear Tim,

I am a member of ICANN's Atlarge Advisory Committee which co-hosted
the WSIS Workshop at the recent ICANN meeting in Rome.

ALAC has our position statement on WSIS/Internet Governance
at our website:
http://alac.icann.org/wsis/statement-wsis-20jan04.htm

I am right now sitting in the ECOSOC council room of the
UN HQ building in New York where UN ICT Task Force
meeting is being held. We spend the past two days on
Inernet Governance, under Global Forum". It was a brainstorming
session of different stakeholders including governments, civil
society and private sector on alsmot equal basis. There is no unified

In general, I agree with you very good sugestion. The challenge is that
ICANN is a composition of different stakeholders, or constituencies
and so far they do not have explict coherent position on WSIS,
or its central debate over Internet Governance.

ICANN borad and staff tend to take "low-profiel" approach, not
exposing their existance too much so that much attention will not
come to ICANN, but elsewhere on the issue of Internet Governance.

izumi

At 11:04 04/03/27 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Just an idle comment. I was blogging items about the recent UN conference
>this week and wanted to include a link to ICANN's point of view since,
among
>other things, the UN proposes to limit or replace ICANN. However, when I
>arrived at your home page, I could not find any links to your point of view
>on this issue. Only when I typed WSIS in the search box did I find your
>response to the UN's December meeting.
>
>As a marketing type, I'd suggest that you post a link on this topic from
>your home page, maybe even create a small subsite. It would promote your
>viewpoint. Without that sort of presence, people like me can only rely on
>the UN websites which are much richer in detail. Indeed, why not a weblog
>that posts links to news articles, documents, and occasional commentary
from
>your point of view?
>
>Tim
>
>Tim Slavin : Writer & Internet Consultant
>www.reachcustomersonline.com : www.redhousecommunications.com
>Tel: 203.834.2255 : AIM: redhousecomm : tim@redhousecommunications.com

                      >> Izumi Aizu <<
                  Asia Network Research
                         www.anr.org
                              &
  GLOCOM /Institute for HyperNetwork Society

         << Writing the Future of the History >>