Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: AdvantaTel
Date/Time: Sat, November 11, 2000 at 4:59 AM GMT (Fri, November 10, 2000 at 9:59 PM MST)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: ICANN's >>> Severe Case Of Foot In Mouth Disease !

The more ICANN writes against IODesign, the more they expose themselves for who and what they truly are.

In the beginning of this process I had the false hopes that ICANN was going to be objective in it's accessments of the applications. However, to the contrary, ICANN has attacked IODesign in every turn by using IODesign as an example in legal postings, refusing to require the recusal of Ken Stubs (ICANN says he only consulted them before Yokohama "Yeah Right")

Here are a few snippets from ICANN's application that I find most disturbing:

ICANN >>> Based upon its historical experience, IOD has not demonstrated the ability to grow, even when performing other services, such as web hosting and design.

<<< IODesign has already stated that it decided to forego webhosting and design in order to focus upon building the ".WEB" registry.

ICANN >>>  Moreover, two of the four employees, the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Operating Officer, are performing two roles. The planned management is working at Toyota San Luis Obispo as the Chief Executive Officer and Business Manager.  This dual responsibility could potentially become problematic for the registry operation.

<<< First and foremost, ICANN fails to mention the large number of personnel relating to IODesign's subcontractors. Second, who is ICANN to dictate the number of roles a person holds in their professional lives? I run a successful technical consulting business, web hosting & design and online toy business.

ICANN >>> Overall, the other applications in this group are significantly more realistic and would result in much more viable competition for the .com registry.

<<< Realistic? Give us a break ICANN, Your assertions towards IODesign are completely biased and geared towards trying only to validate your self interested (Ken Stubs) reasons for not giving IODesign what rightfully belongs to them.

I'll post more later but I gotta assume one of my other roles as Husband and Father!

David W. Sullivan, CEO
AdvantaTel Communications, Inc.
655 West Gurley, Suite 5
Prescott, Arizona 86305

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy