Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: pilot5
Date/Time: Sat, November 11, 2000 at 3:38 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V4.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Response To "Not Sure About This" ... ICANN Controls IOD's Financial Picture

Fabrizio,

I am a big fan of your posts and enthusiasm for .WEB/IOD.  I am also a .WEB customer.  I have receipts from IOD, and on those receipts, it states:

"DMC.WEB has been registered in your name.  You are now the owner of this domain."

Then the receipt is time-stamped, dated, etc.

As far as I am concerned, I own the domain name DMC.WEB.  If that sale was illegal, not proper, etc., ICANN should have warned IOD and potential customers PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 29, 2000.  IOD sales have been generated for approximately 4 to 5 years.  My .WEB domain name was purchased well before ICANN posted any DNSO warning.  In my opinion, a DNSO warning did not exist until it served the interest of Ken Stubbs and Afilias.  At very least, the DNSO warning, posted well over a month ago, hurt IOD sales, thereby hurting IOD financially, for at least one month. Don't think this fact was lost on Stubbs, nor ICANN.  According to IOD, sales of registrations increased as time went by, as more people discovered IOD and .WEB.
A simple "okay" from the DNSO pertaining to IOD registrations would have skyrocketed IOD's financial picture.

You see what I'm saying?  ICANN and the DNSO had some impact/control over IOD's financial picture.  THIS IS A FAIR PROCESS?  I don't think so.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy