Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: cambler
Date/Time: Sat, November 11, 2000 at 11:14 PM GMT (Sat, November 11, 2000 at 3:14 PM PST)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: IOD has committed to opening it up immediately

Sir, you make excellent points.

Image Online Design had initially proposed a 6-month time frame in which to develop and test its RRP software. It is to note that the NeuStar proposal for .web also has a 6 to 9 month development and testing period. Afilias was initially only allowing registrars who bought into their consortium. Now they say that they'll allow all ICANN registrars in, but give no time table. It could be 6 months, it could be 6 years.

But comment like yours on the previous public comment board showed us that there is clear consensus to open it up as quickly as possible. As a result, I went back to our development team and told them, "do it quicker." Within 48 hours, they came back to me with a plan that would have our RRP complete and ready for testing in 30 to 60 days, and probably sooner than that.

In short, we listened.

What did ICANN say about this? One would expect that we'd be praised for listening to consensus, right?

ICANN criticized us for making such a drastic change to our plans. Objective and fair? Can someone explain this to me?

Christopher Ambler

Christopher Ambler
CTO, Image Online Design, Inc.
The .Web Internet Domain Registry
http://webtld.com

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy