Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: RyanF
Date/Time: Sat, November 11, 2000 at 11:34 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Fairness

The fairest thing to happen is for ICANN to give the .web to IOD. When you say you have tried searching for good names, and they're already taken, I know you haven't looked very hard. There are thousands of great names left. The only ones that are gone are the real excellent names like sex.web, business.web, shop.web, etc... Let me explain something to you. If IOD gets the .web, you will have the ability to register real good names. If the other companies applying for .web get it, they will have a period of time called the sunrise period, which will allow tons of large companies to register whatever names they want, before the public has a chance. Therefor you will not be able to register anything good. Giving the .web to one of those companies(not including IOD), will not help the problem we face today. All it will do is allow large companies to gobble up all the good names. I was hoping to start a business on with a couple .web's I pre-registered at IOD, but the way things are going it looks like ICANN will give .web to Afilias, and I will lose my opportunity to start this business. For those who supported IOD earlier then me, managed to register excellent names, and I don't think they should lose them simply because I didn't support IOD before them.

Ryan

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy