Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: jeffrey
Date/Time: Sun, November 12, 2000 at 2:46 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Everybody Wins With Afilias & Microsoft

I used to be concerned because I always use Microsoft products, yet they are constantly being criticized because of their competitive practices. It just seemed sort of hypocritical for me to have concerns about Microsoft’s competitive practices since I use their products every day. ICANN has taught me not to worry about Microsoft though. You see, I know several people who work for Microsoft and they’ve told me about the internal competitions that occur between departments. I believe that they even have their own version of Olympic Games. In fact, every employee is evaluated on a numerical score and each employee competes to get a high score.  Certainly this sort of internal competition is good for the company and consumers benefit from the enhanced service and products that this competition fosters. Microsoft has a win-win variety of internal competition that everyone benefits from. I feel much more confidant now having realized this because I have several domains registered with Register.com and even own a few shares of their stock. The affiliates of the Afilias consortium will compete and the consumers will benefit. This enlightenment has helped me understand why I shouldn’t feel guilty about supporting Afilias and I hope that the US courts can look to ICANN for rationalizing tolerance of Microsoft’s competitive practices.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy