Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: jtrade
Date/Time: Mon, November 13, 2000 at 5:20 AM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Thoughts

I have lost what little faith I had reserved for ICANN in lieu of this staff report.

Upon reflection I honestly believe that this whole process is inherently unfair and I also think it has been "scripted" from the very beginning. The fiasco with the election of just 5 new directors instead of 9 and seating them after the November meeting to the timing of the DNSO statement about "pre-registrations", Ken Stubbs and the conflict of Interest, afilias and neustar tossing their hat in the ring for .web along with the unethical policy of Indemnification and to top it off with what I call the biggest piece of contrived garbage, The ICANN staff report.

I have diligently studied the history of the DNS, ICANN and IOD and this staff report was the last straw for me. I can't see my self having any faith in ICANN anymore. It would take a miracle for that to happen and that is what I see the odds of ICANN doing the right thing by IOD.

I find it odd that ICANN would even consider awarding TLD's to other parties that operate them in alternative root servers since this in essence would fragment the web and that would go to the heart of Internet stability which ICANN is supposed to be all about

I can't speak of course for Mr Ambler however it is my opinion that should ICANN become a party to the theft of .web from IOD and it's registrants I am confident you will see the biggest litigation ICANN has ever endured and this I will most certainly become party to.
We shall see but for now I have reserved myself to seeing the inside of a courtroom as I think only then will we find wisdom and justice.
Class Action status here we come............ I will take a judge over ICANN any day of the week!

PS. You know why no one from afilias ever commented? because they figure have it in the bag!

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy