Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: JAL
Date/Time: Mon, November 13, 2000 at 6:05 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 95
Score: 5
Subject: IATA's application for .travel TLD

To whom it may concern:

This comment is once again filed in renewed support of the IATA proposal to sponsor a ".travel" TLD.

We are much disappointed to read your staff report which flatly concludes that the proposal is not sufficiently representative of the diverse and global travel industry.

We, on the contrary, are satisfied and believe that the proposed governance of the ".travel" TLD, based on the commitments made, and thoroughly described in its application, by IATA, will indeed be representative of the global and diverse travel industry, especially since IATA is working hand in hand with other leading travel and tourism representative groups.

While the travel industry has already succeeded in developing e-commerce within the ".com" framework, it needs and deserves ".travel" as an alternative TLD in order to exploit the potential of the Internet to the fullest, while protecting the benefit and welfare of the travelling public.

I wish to reiterate that, in view of travel and tourism becoming so commonplace in our life today, there is a clear need for the industry to maintain its quality and integrity through adequate governance of the TLD, and I strongly believe that IATA is a correct organisation to undertake this responsibility.

Once again, I invite and encourage ICANN to grant the IATA application.

Isao Kaneko
President & CEO
Japan Airlines       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy