Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: joehowe
Date/Time: Mon, November 13, 2000 at 3:56 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: .Kids Facts

First, my name is Joe Howe and i currently work for .Kids Domains, Inc.  We are one of the applicants proposing a restricted, and sponsored TLD .kids.  Let it be known that I am not a policy maker within this organization.  I do however have some ideas to share with this message board and will now do so with this understanding.

I would like to encourage all readers of this post to join us in support of a .kids TLD.  The ICANN staff report didn't recommend this TLD be established due to the controversial and international rules and regulations that need to be implemented in order for our application to work.  They further went on to state:
"Based on its proposed plan, .KIDS Domains appears to be the only one of the remaining applicants to have any prospect of enforcing its policies."

It is exactly for the reasons that are stated that I feel as though passing up an opportunity to set aside a "Greenspace" for children should be provided for now.  Our application allows and mandates that we take on the process of getting these groups together and making the necessary changes to implement a safe environment for kids. 

In an effort to avoid controversy, it is clear that the ICANN Staff report decided to take the easy route.  I hope that the ICANN Board decides that since we have shown in our application that we can and are ready to implement this process, that we should.

Please join us and let's make a greenspace for kids.

Joe Howe

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy