Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: kristopher
Date/Time: Tue, November 14, 2000 at 4:35 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.76 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Your questions

After reading your questions, I can't see why you would even ask them, as most of the answers are obvious based on available information.

>As you know there is alot of contriversy over who will be awarded registrar rights to the .web domain. Is there any particular application you favor?<

While I can't speak for Mr. Stubbs, I think it would be safe to say that he favors the Afilias application, seeing that he is a part of the company. This question has little relevance considering that Mr. Stubbs is not on the ICANN Board and has no role in the decision the board makes.

>Is it true you will make a fair amount of money if Afilias' application is chosen?<

As a member of the Afilias Board of Managers, of course Mr. Stubbs stands to gain financially should the Afilias application be accepted. Just as Mr. Ambler or any other applicant stands to gain financially should their application be accepted.

>If you have been reading the boards you notice a responce to the report on IOD issued by Christopher Ambler, correcting many errors. What do you and/or ICANN have to say about this?<

This is completely irrelevant, considering the fact that Mr. Stubbs is not part of the review team nor is he part of the ICANN Board (who will be making the decision).

>Why in the reports did Afilias come out virtually error free and IOD was hit so hard on?<

How could Mr. Stubbs answer this (subjective question) if he wasn't even on the review team?

>How does ICANN and/or you feel about IOD's registrations/preregistrations under the .web tld?<

Considering the fact that ICANN released a statement warning against pre-registrations and stating that the registration of domains in new TLDs will be done in a *fair* manner, it's obvious that ICANN does not look favorably upon pre-registrations.

>How much of an influence do you personally have in decideing what applicant will receive what tld?<

Based on the fact that he's not part of the review team nor is he a member of the ICANN Board of Directors, Mr. Stubbs should have absolutely no role in the ICANN decision.

I'm sure some of the people in this forum will claim that there's a conspiracy going behind closed doors and that Mr. Stubbs is pulling the strings, but there's not one iota of evidence proving this, so it has about as much credibility as the claims that ICANN is secretely removing pro-IOD posts and banning IOD posters in an attempt to censor the forums.

>What is the outlook for applicants of the .web tld? Who is ahead and who is behind? Do all applicants still have an equal shot at the 'prize'?"<

As above, how could the man know since he is not even a part of the decision making process? Even if he were, are you so naive to believe that somebody involved in the process would disclose that sort of information?

Bottom line: I still can't understand why Mr. Stubbs is the focus of so much controversy when he isn't even involved in the decision.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy