Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: joehowe
Date/Time: Wed, November 15, 2000 at 9:10 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Ready to implement, Tech. Legal,etc.

First, my name is Joe Howe and i currently work for .Kids Domains, Inc.  We are one of the applicants proposing a restricted, and sponsored TLD .kids.  Let it be known that I am not a policy maker within this organization.  I do however have some ideas to share with this message board and will now do so with this understanding.

I believe the .Kids Domains, Inc. proposal is legally sound.  A private contract would exist between the sponsoring body of the registry and the registrant.

A seperate international Policy Board will legislate and implement Voluntarilary accepted restrictions of content for registrants.

Enforcement of policies is done by the sponsoring body seperate of registry practices. Screening of website content is agreed to and responsibility of content is agreed to by registrant.

TLD implementation meets the need to further existing technologies for which without TLD implentation technologies fail.

Agreement of restriction is voluntary, Enforcement of restriction is agreed upon, Technology of enforcement is in place, and necesity for TLD implementation is valid.

The evaluation team also seemed to overlook and mistate many of our positions regarding policy.  A further reading of our proposal would show so.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy