Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Thu, November 16, 2000 at 12:42 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Vote of confidence for IOD.....

ICANN:

NSI has the multilingual domains ($6.00 per domain), dot com domains, and being a part of Afilias (if they were given dot web) would clearly make them way too powerful, for a competitive environment.  The Affilias model based on CORE philosophy WOULD not make a competitive environment because as a whole they would own 80% of the market.

Neustar...I wouldn't mind seeing them getting dot info...however I think their nonassociation with any experienced reigstry makes them less appealing...

Finally, a VOTE OF CONFIDENCE FOR IOD....They have the confidence of two entire public comment boards (THOSE ARE REPRESENTATIVE contrary to belief---Not only the current two, but this past summers board as well).  They have the experience and a workable, innovative registry.  The enthusiam with IOD should not be overlooked, especially when that enthusiam with IOD will represent loyal customers. 

Therefore, as a At Large Member and IOD supporter I ask the board seriously consider what IOD has to offer...not only to the internet users, but to ICANN, in that they will bring immediate unity in the name-space in the dot web gTLD.

Gregory W. Krajewski
gkrajews@mato.com

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy