ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] A message of support

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] A message of support
  • From: "Craig A. Huegen" <chuegen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:30:16 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I cannot say anything more than make a statement that I support the
recent positions taken by the IAB and SSAC to remove Verisign's
SiteFinder service.

Please take whatever steps are necessary to a) order Verisign to remove
its service; b) reprimand Verisign for its unilateral action without
consultation; c) reprimand Verisign for its deception of the Internet
community in its false claims that it consulted the Internet expert
community; and d) take any steps necessary to adopt the necessary policy
to ensure that registrars are not capable of doing this without
expert advice and consent.

Verisign has appeared to violate the terms of its .com and .net registry
agreements.  As a result, proper action must be taken to rectify this
situation and provide proper incentive to remove the chance that it may
happen again, up to and including termination of its contract to host .com
and .net.

Verisign's control of .com and .net are not in the Internet's best
interest, nor is it in the public's best interest.

Sincerely,
Craig A. Huegen