ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Please Step up and stop this Now

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Please Step up and stop this Now
  • From: "Josh" <joshdmo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:33:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Cc:
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

I do not have the time currently to go into full details as to why I feel this should be stopped. But I can say please put me down as against this feature, and do what you can to get this resolved as soon as you can. This feature is nothing but an annoyance, and it is an abuse in power for Verisign to force this type of feature on us. A simple miss type in my url now forwards me to a site, and my miss type url gets modified making it impossible to simply change my mistake and be on my way. Verisign is clearly abusing its power, and must be stopped. If they claim this is what people want, then let htem have a small plugg in program that can be added to a browswer to enable this feature. While the rest of us who do not wish to use it enjoy our error messages we are used to getting.

Thanks for listening, and I hope you guys use your power to do so! mething, because it seems clear verisign sees $$$$ over something that you granted them control of. I hope you use that control over them to end this annoyance immediately.

Josh Manchester

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.