ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] impact on spam control

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] impact on spam control
  • From: John Alvord <jalvo@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:21:27 -0700
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

As an ordinary user, I depend on "unknown domain name" processing to
aid in the personal control and identification of spam. I use a
product called Spampal which does an excellent job. The recent change
adding wildcards to .com and .net have crippled that processs, causing
me wasted time.

Please work to reverse that change.

Sincerely yours,

john alvord