ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[wildcard-comments] Please Stop Verisgn.

• To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Please Stop Verisgn.
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:29:52 -0500
  • Importance: Normal
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

Our ISP has had to put up over $15,000 to fix problems with our own in house anti-spam and intrusion detection software for our 2,500 dial up and 1,000 T1/ISDN corporate customers. It’s amazing that Verisign had the nerve to do such an outrageous thing with something they have any right to. They are asked to run the root servers, but it’s not required for them to do so. It’s almost like me deciding to take over my public library and putting in ads in between all the books telling them what books they might like if they are in this area and then telling the library that everything is in including books that don’t even exist. The worst part is the library can’t do anything because I work for a really big publisher. Well maybe its not the best analogy but Verisign is doing something that should be illegal. It’s devious, deceptive. They are harming the infrastructure of the internet, just to use their monopoly over internet to make a few dollars on a worthless portal system that Verisign gets to monopolize over anyways.

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy