ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Unacceptable Activity

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Unacceptable Activity
  • From: System Manager <sysmgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:28:43 -0700
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

VeriSign's inclusion of a wild-card in the .com and .net TLDs is totally
unacceptable behavior. This single action defeats spam filtering which would
otherwise have rejected messages from e-mail addresses with unresolved domain
names. And the spam problem tests the limits and endurance most Internet
users can tolerate. Anyone who takes action which aids those who flood our
networks and servers with spam should be tarred, feathered and run out of
town on a rail. And that is not mentioning the arrogance of redirecting any
unresolved name to their own servers, whether for profit or otherwise. To
take this action unilaterally, without prior consultation with ICANN or the
Internet community served, is inexcusable. This action should be ample proof
that VeriSign is not suitable as the steward of the .com and .net TLDs.

Thank you for your time and this opportunity to express my distaste for
VeriSign's recent activities.
--
Respectfully,
Greg Radzykewycz