ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Internet Held Hostage

  • To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Internet Held Hostage
  • From: "AmazeYourself.com" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:26:16 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

   When I first heard of this matter on TechTV, I must say, I was not suprised. When VeriSign took control of Network Solutions, they instituted practices and policies for the registration of TLDs, which I found unreasonable. Immediately, I removed my domains from Network Solutions. VeriSign has a very bad reputation with several TLD owners, and now it is becoming aparent to everyone why this is the case. How long will ICANN continue to allow this company to control the TLDs in this country? What they have done with this wildcard implementation is beyond recompense. They obviously have no reguard for ICANN, TLD owners, or anyone in the Internet community.

Sincerely,
Richard T. Larson
Webmaster