ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Is this in any way connected to eBay?

  • To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Is this in any way connected to eBay?
  • From: "tommy2cheap" <laffnassflats@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:32:57 -0700
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

eBay is very successful at consolidating its power. The purchase of two major payment services and elimination of the one I preferred was a master-stroke of tactical business practice. If a dot com gets in their way they just buy it. Problem solved. There is no comparable alternative to eBay. It's their way or the highway. The point is this. When there is only one option, there is no recourse. The DNS system should be competive (that's the capitalist way) OR the DNS system should be a function of government.  If I owned eBay VeriSign would be MINE and then the planet...HAHA...HA!