ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Verisign is abusing its power

  • To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Verisign is abusing its power
  • From: "Aaron Chan" <aaronchan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 17:34:22 +1000
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

My personal view on the current issue regarding Verisign is that it is a downright abuse of power that should never have been given to said organization in the first place. Their SiteFinder service is not only annoying, it is dangerous and affects the operation of important applications. I would like to see Verisign immediately disable the SiteFinder service and possibly have some of its power stripped and transferred to another organization(s). It is never a good thing for one organization to have so much power over something as essential and critical as the Internet...

Aaron Chan
Sydney, NSW
Australia