ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] VeriSign's actions are unexcusable

  • To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] VeriSign's actions are unexcusable
  • From: "Mike Garrison" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 14:49:36 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

VeriSign acted as if they are a monopoly and can do whatever they please
with .com and .net. What they introduced broke many of the common
applications that I use. It made it more annoying for me to find out if a
domain didnt exist and when I would make a typo all of a sudden traceroutes
and pings would work. But oh wait.. it was to the sitefinder address.

It broke my spam filters, because now the domain existed.
nslookup now returns a valid ip for domains that don't exist. There are many
more things that occured becuase of this and it is simply unexecusable. They
are trying to profit off of something they should not be able to and their
authority over .com and .net should be removed and transfered to
independent, neutral, operations.

--
Mike Garrison
Divide Zero Networks