ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] VeriSign

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] VeriSign
  • From: Peggy Calhoun <pegcalhoun@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 06:42:45 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

regarding the article in Monday's New York Times....
As an individual internet user, I find Verisign's redirection of my in-put errors to be not only annoying but also infringing on my privacy. Not only do they enter, uninvited, into my internet usage, they want me to make their search page my homesite - and they make it look very official as if it were part of my Microsoft porgram.
I'm only one little vote, but I say no-one should be allowed to tamper with internet routing.
Peggy Calhoun