ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] VeriSign Wildcard Service

  • To: "'wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx'" <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] VeriSign Wildcard Service
  • From: "Barker, David" <dbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 19:23:55 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

For the record, my DNS servers were being hammered by my clients stmp servers trying to resolve bogus domain names that VeriSign said were valid. I traced the problem down to an older DNS server I was running that was runnng fine before the activation of VeriSign's Wildcard service. To solve this problem, I had to activate a new server running the latest DNS server software and then had to transfer all the domains to the new server.

Total time wasted due to VeriSign Wildcard service: at least 6 hours

Total cost to my company to correct this problem: $900.00

Thank you VeriSign  - now who do I send the bill to? I known, fat chance...

David Barker
President
Electrosonics, Inc
17150 15 Mile Road