ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Verisign is too irresponsible to be trusted

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Verisign is too irresponsible to be trusted
  • From: Mark Dixon <zaaarg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 02:29:33 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

The arrogance and breathtaking hypocrisy displayed by
VeriSign senior executives is a warning. Verisign
implements a selfish, greed-driven and fundamental
change to the way the Internet works without any
proper consultation. Verisign then has the
unbelievable cheek to complain about ICANN's decision
to request that Sitefinder be shut down. This is just
one example of many of Verisign's complete lack of
respect, and their lack of moral and ethical
responsibilty. Time and again Verisign has tried to
get away with dubious practices.

If we let them get away with this, what will be next?
I shudder to think.

What can we do? Split up the Internet into two parts:
one part for Verisign and one part for the rest of the
world? Boycott the .com TLD? Realistically, I think
that this shows that something so important as the
.com TLD should not be entrusted to a greed-driven
commercial organisation like Verisign.

The millions and millions of people that use the
Internet should not be made to suffer because of a
small number of greedy and irresponsible executives at
Verisign. The Internet is now too important to let it
be ruined by one selfish company.