ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] You must STOP VeriSign!

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] You must STOP VeriSign!
  • From: Thomas Winzig <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:25:46 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

They have confused themselves into thinking the world wide web IS the
internet. It is not. Answering all DNS requests for invalid domains by
giving an IP address for their web "service," shows an apalling lack
of knowledge on how the DNS system is used.

I feel this is just yet another example of why VeriSign does not
deserve to run the .com/.net DNS. Why on earth should a single for-profit
company be able to dictate how something as important as DNS works (or
doesn't work).

They have too much power and need to be taken down.

Thomas W.
(Please do not publically use my email address or full name.)