ICANN Email List Archives
[wildcard-comments] VeriSign Wildcarding
- To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [wildcard-comments] VeriSign Wildcarding
- From: "Guy Williams" <guywilli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:06:35 -0400
- Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
Members of ICANN,
VeriSign should not be
allowed to continue their wildcarding "service." When people mistype and address and get an
error they just correct the address in the address window. With this "service", the mistyped
address no longer appears so you have to retype the whole address.
Also, any time they VeriSign has problems with their server it results in an excessively long
wait for an error message. This
should not be allowed to continue.
I'm not even going to get into the ethical concerns of them
abusing their position.
North Andover, MA