ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] verisign sitefinder feedback

  • To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] verisign sitefinder feedback
  • From: <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:49:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

I understand that this is the correct address for sending feedback on
Verisign's wildcard (SiteFinder) service.  I feel that is both annoying
and anticompetitive.  They are taking unfair advantage of their position
for kicking back DNS results.
Not to mention it screws up several utilities, since invalid lookups
appear to be valid.
Please exert whatever pressure you can to keep them from turning the
service back on in 60-90 days, as they have announced.

If that doesnt work, perhaps we should find a core provider willing to
perform the task in an impartial and fair manner.

Brian Culp
brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx