ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] stop verisign

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] stop verisign
  • From: Mario Gray <darkbit1001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:44:44 -0700
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

The  fact that Verisign  was given keys to the root dns and thus
a critical part of the Internet is SCARY at best.  With the introduction
of SiteFinder(TM), I worry ever more how much we can rely on this
company.

I hereby request that you revoke any contracts with Verisign unless
they reform practices.  Their actions affects not only the Internet at large,
but YOUR own infrastructure.  This was tantamount to cutting
wings off of airplanes and calling them 'souped up cars'.

Sincerely,
Mario Gray