Re: [ifwp] Re: A Mechanism for Selection of Governance Bodies

Michael and all,

Michael Dillon wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Karl Auerbach wrote:
>
> > However, I disagree that those people should be nominitated or voted upon
> > by councils of "organizations".  Councils of "people" would be OK, as long
> > as those people were, in turn, elected by an open selection process by
> > people who might perhaps be members of organizations, but in which
> > "organizations" have no direct recognition or voice.
>
> You mean something like the European parliament in which the citizens of
> each country elect their representatives rather than having the reps
> appointed by the national governments. This could work with the Councils
> model proposed by Postel. You should write this up in more detail and
> submit it to the IANA comments address.

  First of all this has already been done.  We submitted just such an
proposalSee
http://www.iana.org/comments-mail/archives/11july1998-17july1998/msg00040.html
  Where have you been Michael?

> --
> Michael Dillon                 -               Internet & ISP Consulting
> Memra Communications Inc.      -               E-mail: michael@memra.com
> Check the website for my Internet World articles -  http://www.memra.com

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.