Re: [ifwp] Re: Postel's view of Internet users

Michael Dillon Said...
>It's too bad that Jon Postel is not on this list to ask you and others to
>do likewise.

For that, and many other reasons.

Hello? This is the IFWP list, supposedly the list upon which all
is being discussed. For someone who is putting forth
a proposal, he is certainly absent here in "the trenches." The
email address comments@iana.org is well and good, but email
directly to Jon goes unanswered.

Would Mr. Postel be so kind as to PARTICIPATE in this process?

I, personally, have no conceptual problem using his draft as a
starting point. I disagree with quite a bit of it, and would propose
removing or replacing quite a bit. But to just throw my suggestions
at a comments email address without any give-and-take from the
author doesn't give me a very good feeling.

Indeed, it almost makes me feel like the IAHC process all over
again, where the IAHC put forth a proposal, a vast number of
people made comments, and the IAHC then finalized it, to the
disagreement of many. I see this as no different.

So, in summary, if you want the Postel draft to be the starting
point, I'll meet you halfway, but I'd like to see Postel there. Jon?
Are you there? I'll participate if you will.

--
Christopher Ambler, Personal Opinion Only