Re: [ifwp] Re: Postel's view of Internet users

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Christopher Ambler wrote:

> I, personally, have no conceptual problem using his draft as a
> starting point. I disagree with quite a bit of it, and would propose
> removing or replacing quite a bit. But to just throw my suggestions
> at a comments email address without any give-and-take from the
> author doesn't give me a very good feeling.

Then please submit those comments to list@ifwp.org
I really wish that we had some more substantive suggestions to discuss and
even if you had one paragraph to suggest as a replacement in Postel's
proposal, then I would be happy to read and discuss it.

> Indeed, it almost makes me feel like the IAHC process all over
> again, where the IAHC put forth a proposal, a vast number of
> people made comments, and the IAHC then finalized it, to the
> disagreement of many. I see this as no different.

The only difference I can see is that there are a bunch of other IAHC-like
groups that are planning to run their own parallel process. But you and I
can change that by making public suggestions on this list, even if they
are only partial proposals like my Users Council and Commercial Council
suggestion.

> So, in summary, if you want the Postel draft to be the starting
> point, I'll meet you halfway, but I'd like to see Postel there. Jon?
> Are you there? I'll participate if you will.

Forget about him. If anyone doesn't want to talk I don't want to force
them.

--
Michael Dillon                 -               Internet & ISP Consulting
Memra Communications Inc.      -               E-mail: michael@memra.com