Re: [ifwp] Re: Boston compromise mtg

At 19.30 -0400 98-09-05, Jonathan Zittrain wrote:
(---)
>I'd imagine that given our task--the creation of a bottom-up entity with some
> aspects of governance or at least coordination in the public interest to
> it--private talks would be best supplemented by other formats and degrees of
> openness even as--especially as--we try come to closure.

Dear Jonathan et al,
Thanks for a direct and clear respons. I now find it unlikely for the IFWP
process to succeed. Something extraordinary must occur if mr Magaziner is
to recieve one and only one suggestion for the creation of a
stakeholderbased non-profit Internet governance organization by the 30th of
September.

It seems more probable that the US government will continue its Internet
governance in some way. I find this very annoying since I've followed the
failure of IAHC as well. It amazing that the UN once was founded, when we
can't fulfill the much easier task as for Internet governance.

Regards,

Mikael

                                           mailto:mpawlo@algonet.se
                                           http://www.algonet.se/~mpawlo