Better Safe, than Sorry! (was: It's been a pleasure)

Hello everyone,

It appears that many are uncomfortable with my
summary suggesting that the IANA and NSI would
successfully incorporate the consensus points
from the IFWP into the New Corp:

At 01:53 PM 9/5/98 , Jay Fenello wrote:
>It is now out of our hands.  NSI and the IANA know
>the outcome of our collective efforts, as does Ira
>Magaziner and Congress.  Whatever comes out of their
>discussions should incorporate the IFWP results in
>an acceptable manner.
>
>If they don't, it is not for the IFWP to remedy.
>The battle would just change to one of lobbying
>Congress, or fighting the solution in the courts.

As an insurance policy, we might want to prepare
another set of consensus documents and Board of
Directors for the New Corp.

That way, if the current negotiations result in
an unacceptable solution, we will simply present
Ira with a second set of By-Laws.  If he is true
to his words (and I believe that he is), he will
not accept either solution until we come to a
mutual agreement.

This ensures the disenfranchised participants
of the IFWP process a seat at the table ;-)

Regards,

Jay Fenello
President, Iperdome, Inc.
404-250-3242  http://www.iperdome.com

 ISPF, The Forum for ISPs by ISPs.  October 26-28, 1998, Atlanta, GA.
 Three days of clues, news, and views from the industry's best and
 brightest. http://www.ispf.com/ for information and registration.