Re: Fram behind closed doors via opaque channels

Brian and all,

Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> Stef,
>
> On a point of fact, Jim Dixon was President of EuroISPA when
> he spoke at the Brussels meeting on Tuesday, but the presidency
> rotated to George Hahn on Wednesday.

  So?  What does that have to do with the E-Mail (See below) to Stef is
referring?

> Apart from that, I suggest you ask people who were at both the
> Reston and the Brussels meeting whether the report on Reston
> given in Brussels was accurate. I can't judge, as I was only in
> Brussels, which was very constructive by the way.

  Do you have a copy of that report?  IF you do than share it with everyone
so as they can judge for themselves.  IF not this is just another attempt
to side step the issue of the "Behind the scenes maneuvering".

> I trust you followed normal netiquette and obtained the original
> sender's permission before forwarding a message to such a wide
> choice of lists. Lest anyone wonder, I was not the opaque channel;
> I believe that breaches of confidentiality are unethical.

  I am sure you do feel that the posting to which Stef provided (See below)
was embarrassing anyway as you were one of the people involved as it was
sent "TO" you along with Don Heath who originated the posting and
Barbara Dooley, whom was referenced in the body or the message.

  We find your actions in this matter unethical.  Besides that point did
Stef sign an NDA?  If not he has NOT violated any ethical practice
or law that I am aware of.

  You sir, along with Barbara Dooley, and Don Heath should be ashamed
of yourselves and owe the whole Internet Community and Jim Dixon
an apology.

}Date: Wed,  8 Jul 1998 14:03:54
}Subject: Fwd: Dixon
}
}Do not ask where this came from.

}I find it rather interesting that Health and Dooley
}can now censor IFWP steering committee speech, don't you?
}
}--- begin forwarded text
}