Re: Something I probably shoudln't send (was: Re: newIANA (was...)

[ Jim Fleming wrote: ]
.  .  .
> OK...let's imagine that 99.9% of the people on planet Earth
> follow your advice...
>
> If Jon Postel and the ITAG *announce* the CEO and the
> 15 members of the new IANA Inc., will you wonder where
> they came up with the selections ?

Nope. Unlike some people, I don't think Jon Postel is out
to enslave the world and I do trust some of the people who
are working on this to behave honourably, until proven
otherwise. FWIW, I was more surprised when I saw
suggestions that people who wish to form a commerical DNS
registry industry thought it appropriate to form a "trade
association" and then expect such an organization to be
given a seat at the table. Seems a bit like the fox
guarding the henhouse, to me. I would trust Jon Postel
over such an arrangement any day...

> See http://www.iana.org for more information...

Nice site, for it's purpose. I see Jon regularly posts
messages there and there's a space for feedback. Am I
missing something?

Now really. I'm off to the beach. Begone, temptation!
Let me go, and post no more!!!

					- peterd

     Peter Deutsch,                                   (514) 875-8611  (phone)
  Bunyip Information Systems Inc.                     (514) 875-8134  (fax)
    <peterd@bunyip.com>                               http://www.bunyip.com

"How come there's never time to do it right, but always time to do it over?"