Re: Something I probably shoudln't send (was: Re: newIANA (was...)

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Deutsch <peterd@Bunyip.Com>
To: Jim Fleming <JimFleming@unety.net>; Jeff Williams
<jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>; vinton g. cerf <vcerf@MCI.NET>
Cc: Brian E Carpenter <brian@hursley.ibm.com>; me@hursley.ibm.com
<me@hursley.ibm.com>; IFWP Giaw <discussion-draft@giaw.org>; Stef@nma.com
<Stef@nma.com>; ietf@ietf.org <ietf@ietf.org>;
DOMAIN-POLICY@lists.internic.net <DOMAIN-POLICY@lists.internic.net>; Iana
Comments <comments@iana.org>; Iana standard addr <Iana@iana.org>; Giaw
Listserv <List@giaw.org>; Justice department <newcase.atr@usdoj.gov>
Date: Saturday, July 11, 1998 11:32 PM
Subject: Re: Something I probably shoudln't send (was: Re: newIANA (was...)

>[ Jim Fleming wrote: ]
>
>> Peter,
>>
>> Even though you rarely indulge yourself, you might want
>> to post your proposals for the CEO of the new IANA and
>> the 15 person Board of Directors.
>
>Why on earth would I want to do that? I'm neither
>qualified to lead, nor self-indulgent enough to believe
>that others would follow. I try to usually have the good
>sense to reamin silent. If only others would follow my
>example...

OK...let's imagine that 99.9% of the people on planet Earth
follow your advice...

If Jon Postel and the ITAG *announce* the CEO and the
15 members of the new IANA Inc., will you wonder where
they came up with the selections ?

See http://www.iana.org for more information...

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation - http://www.unir.com