Re: newIANA (was Fram behind closed doors via opaque channels)

No, sir, the facts are more like this:
IANA, along with NSF, ISOC, and others, participated in international
negotiations about the future of the Internet root servers (via IAHC) when they
had absolutely no legal authority to do so. IANA and ISOC somehow managed to
convince themselves that they "owned" the root. They did not. That is precisely
why the USG stepped in.

But this argument is unproductive. We have moved beyond IAHC.

--MM