Re: newIANA (was Fram behind closed doors via opaque channels)

Masataka,

Speaking as a non-US citizen and non-US resident:

I too had doubts about whether the new legal entity protecting the
IANA should be a non-profit corporation under US law.

However I am a pragmatist and I think most of us here are pragmatists.
We all agree that it is *above all* important to have technical
continuity and leave the technical staff of the IANA in peace to
do their work. There is, given the time available before September 30,
only one way to achieve this: a non-profit corporation in California.

There is no practical alternative, so let us concentrate on the only
real issue left, which is getting an initial Board of Directors with
sufficient honour and neutrality.

  Brian Carpenter