Re: newIANA (was Fram behind closed doors via opaque channels)

Brian;

> Speaking as a non-US citizen and non-US resident:

Thank you.

> I too had doubts about whether the new legal entity protecting the
> IANA should be a non-profit corporation under US law.

> However I am a pragmatist and I think most of us here are pragmatists.

As a pragmatist, I don't have much doubt that IANA corporation
under US law can operate stably.

> We all agree that it is *above all* important to have technical
> continuity and leave the technical staff of the IANA in peace to
> do their work.

Incorporation is, by no means, technical.

> There is, given the time available before September 30,
> only one way to achieve this: a non-profit corporation in California.

Why do you think new corporation necessary?

If we don't have time, IANA can be a department of ISOC, which is
already incorporated. For the stability, then, ISOC itself should be
relocated to, say, Geneve, as soon as possible.

> There is no practical alternative, so let us concentrate on the only
> real issue left, which is getting an initial Board of Directors with
> sufficient honour and neutrality.

What's wrong with ISOC BoT?

						Masataka Ohta