Re: newIANA (was Fram behind closed doors via opaque channels)

Dan;

> > If we don't have time, IANA can be a department of ISOC, which is
> > already incorporated. For the stability, then, ISOC itself should be
> > relocated to, say, Geneve, as soon as possible.
>
> If it were as easy as this, there would have been no need
> for a White Paper, Green Paper, terabytes of e-mail,
> lawsuits, meetings, media campaigns, etc.

Yes. Exactly. The GP and WP has never necessary. They instead
are the sources of problems.

> Like it or not,
> the US govt. has authority over certain assets.

Locally within US, sure. But, that's all.

> Like it or not, (see Karl Auerbach's analysis at
> http://www.cavebear.com/nsf-dns/ ) has given credence to the
> notion that the .com database is proprietary information.

.com database with contact information in SOA is not proprietary
to NSI nor USG and can be zone-transfered to everywhere.

> It is important to remember that the net is edge-controlled,
> although the phenomena of inertia gives it the appearance of
> central control.

That why the WP must be ignored.

							Masataka Ohta