Re: NDA's

Kim and all,

Kim Hubbard wrote:

> Sorry, but there is certain information that ARIN requires from organizations
> requesting IP space and ASNs that is considered confidential to their
> business.  This information is crucial to ARIN's ability to approve address
> and ASN allocations.  Without NDAs ARIN could not require organizations
> to submit this information.

 We can appreciate your position depending on what kind of information you are
eluding to here Kim.  Can you tell us what TYPE of information that might be?

  If it is financial in nature as to the price for IP allocations and/or ASN's
that should
be made public.  If the nature or type of information is financial with respect
to the individual making requests than an NDA would certainly be in order.

  If the information is related to an individual or individuals dwelling, contact
info,
or any personal information, than an NDA would be appropriate.

  If the information is in conjunction as to what a requester intends to use these

IP allocations or ASN's for in general.  That information should be made
public as well.  Specific information however would of course need to be
kept confidential under an NDA.

  In other words, legal guidelines are available on what is legal and appropriate
information that should be protected by an NDA.

> Kim Hubbard
> ARIN
>
> > Please correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that ARIN has and is
> > signing non-disclosure agreements with private businesses.
> >
> > May I suggest that this activity be -specifically prohibited- under whatever
> > rules are used to form the Neworg. Otherwise, any talk about openness or
> > transparency is just wasted breath.
> >
> > David Schutt
> > Speco, Inc.
> > voice: 847-678-4240
> > fax: 847-678-8037

 regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.