Re: newIANA (was Fram behind closed doors via opaque channels)

> Don't let this idiot get you down. He is *severely* undereducated
> and likes to brag about "operaitonal experience" although he's
> been faking it for years. Dave had made a career out of editing
> other poeples work. For example, he is listed as the author of
> RFC822 the spec for emamil. Daves brother actually wrote it,
> Dave just got his name in it.

I cannot speak to the creation of RFC822, since I wasn't involved in standards
work at that time, but I can assure you that this is entirely at odds with my
experience in other more recent cases.

I've worked with Dave Crocker on numerous occasions. In the instances where he
is listed as an editor of or a contributor to an RFC I also worked on he always
was an an active contributor to that result. Indeed, there are instances, such
as the security multiparts described in RFC 1847, where the entire approach was
originally Dave's idea yet he is neither author nor editor of the document.
(And amusingly enough, his brother Steve is a coauthor in this particular
case.)

Dave has routinely offered valuable insight in all sorts of problems. And while
he and I have had our disagreements more than once over the years, I have a
great deal of respect for his opinions and his many contributions to the IETF.

And in any case, such ad homimem attacks are entirely unecessary and wholly
inappropriate. Please refrain from them in the future.

				Ned