Re: Tired of Waiting

At 09:54 AM 7/14/98 -0400, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>In other words, it's *critical* that the *Registry* for a new TLD be operated
>as a public trust, not as someone's way to "make money fast".
>
>(If you don't see why for-profit, but competing, Registries don't work, ask
>yourself how you'd feel once your snappy URL http://my_name.new_tld/foo/bar
>is embedded in 10,000 web pages world-wide, and your for-profit Registry then
>ups the rate to $1,000 per month....)

Hi Noel,

You are using faulty logic.

While everyone agrees that it would be bad for a
private registry to increase renewal costs to $1000,
forcing registries to operate on a bureaucratically
controlled public trust model is NOT the only solution.

Your argument is misleading at best.

Regards,

Jay Fenello
President, Iperdome, Inc.
404-250-3242  http://www.iperdome.com

"None of us knows where all this is heading, but if we get
it right, we have an opportunity that only comes once every
couple of hundred years."
                                  -- Ira C. Magaziner