Re: Tired of Waiting

Dave and all,

Dave Crocker wrote:

> Roeland,
>
> It is difficult to get facts correct.  But it really is worth trying...

  An you have rarely gotten them correct Dave...  But yes, lets do try...

> At 01:32 AM 7/14/98 -0700, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
> >Originally, and the fubar that IOD stepped into, IANA even had a TLD
> >registry set up and running. Chris even officially used the published
> >process. >poof< Suddenly there was no process and the check was returned.
>
> Poof.  Let's ignore the evaluation of IOD's claim made by a judge. It was a
> very strong evaluation, but let's ignore it.

  It was first of all not a very strong evaluation at all.  In fact it wasn't
even relevant
to the case.  But lets ignore the FACT!  And yes, dave I am sure you do want
to ignore it.  As this has been pointed out time and time again.

> >Then the scum-bags at CORE decided that the WEB name was so neat that they
>
> Poof.  It was the scumbags on the IAHC, not CORE, who chose the names.
> None of the scumbags on the IAHC are part of CORE and none are trying to be
> registrars, so none of are trying to make money from TLDs, but let's ignore
> that fact.

  Lets also remember that the IAHC was acting purposefully to present a
challenge
to Chris and IOD and stated so many many times.  (See IAHC-Discuss archives
for details).  Chris's mistake was the venue in which he choose to fight the
IAHC.  In addition, lets also state the FACT that the IAHC made the choices
for their 7gTLD's against the current "Rough Consensus" which Dave is always
eluding to.  .Firm, indeed!  That is a laugh!

> Poof.  I've repeatedly explained the process that produced those names and
> IOD wasn't relevant to it, but let's ignore that fact.

  This is indeed a FACT Dave.  But it is one that does not and id not bode
well for the IAHC.  The IAHC used a "Closed" process to select the
7 gTLD's that they selected.  And you statement proves that.

> >unless pressure is brought to bear. The credibility of the process, Jon
> >Postal, ISI, IANA, ISOC, IAHC, and all the rest of the GOB.NET mud-ducks is
> >a stretched little thin by now. As far as we're concerned ITAG is nothing
> >more than yet another delaying tactic.
>
> Is credibility affected by failure to get basic facts correct?

  Yes it sure should be.  And yours is very much lacking in this instance.

> Repeatedly?

  Yes Dave, you do get the FACTS incorrect Repeatedly.

> d/
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Dave Crocker                         USA:                 +1 408 246 8253
> Brandenburg Consulting                                   675 Spruce Drive
>                                                   Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA
> fax: +1 408 273 6464                 Malaysia:            +60 19 329 9445
> <http://www.brandenburg.com>                     Post Office Box 296, UPM
> <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>              Serdang, Selangor 43400 MY

 regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.