Re: Richard, you shouldn't have (was Apology is called for)

Noel and all,

Noel Chiappa wrote:

>     From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
>
>     Rochard [sic - JNC] should NOT have made this apology. Dave Crocker
>     doesn't deserve one. He is a believer in excluding the Internet
>     User/Stakeholder. That gTLD-MoU is prime proof of that as he was one of
>     its prime drafters and a member of it's leadership.
>
> Ahem. I'm hardly a giant fan of Dave, as many (including he) will be happy to
> attest, and I've had some pretty amazing run-ins with him over the years.

  I am sure you have.  Dave seems to bring that quality out in folks.

> Even *I* find your statement ludicrous and repellent.

  It was meant to be.  As George Patton once said, "if you want get someone's
attention, give it to them LOUD and dirty."

> Dave may be wrong sometimes, but I've never found his motivations to be base;

  Well I have on several occasions.  I have about 2 megs of E-Mails from him
that would prove your statement incorrect here.

> indeed, in our big disagreement over CIDR, it was precisely his concern for
> "the Internet User/Stakeholder" that was driving it.

  BS.  Dave nearly always has an ulterior motive and his leadership on the IAHC
proposal is testament to that.  Concern for the User/Stakeholder indeed!
Nonsense!

> Your charge above is just one more example of what I've alluded to in a
> ignored. (I only made an exception to my own suggestion in this case because
> of your personal attack on Dave.)

  Well he has made plenty on myself amongst many others both directly and in
other snide ways as well.  You reap what you sow.  I am Jewish, I believe in
and Eye for an Eye.  So if you can dish it out, you dam well better be able to
take it!

>         Noel

 regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.