Re: Tired of Waiting

At 08:23 AM 7/15/98 +0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
>At 02:29 PM 7/14/98 -0700, Christopher Ambler wrote:
>>If CORE turns into a flake, the .firm names that they wanted to sell
>
>Chris, there is a fundamental difference between a private, for-profit
>entity going flakey, versus having that happen with a public,
>not-for-profit, with independent public oversight.

True. In the former case, the shareholders of the registry ("stakeholders")
want to know why everybodys complaiing and when this will be fixed and
if you don't you can be replaced.

In the latter case, the oversight organization ("stakeholders") wants
to know why eveybody is complaiing and when will this be fixed and
if you don't you can be replaced.

Different folks, same strokes.

--
The most important thing in the programming language is the name.  A
language will not succeed without a good name.  I have recently invented