Re: Tired of Waiting

>"Richard J. Sexton" writes:
>> If a *registrar* gives poor performence, you switch registrars.
>>
>> If a *registry* is no good, you're stuck whether it's Chris or the
>> CORE registry.
>
>The registry is chartered as a non-profit in the public
>interest. Chris Ambler is not. The registry, as we designed it in the
>IAHC, is supposed to be a tightly regulated thing that did very
>little, so there is very little for it to screw up, and very little
>cost associated with it. Chris Ambler doesn't possess these features.

Please stop using my name as if I were a registry. I am not. There are
many companies that are, and many that want to be. I own part of one.
But it's not me, personally.

Regardless, the IAHC plan makes a hell of a lot of sense, if you take
the assumption that the IAHC's stated goal of a single registry is the
implemented solution. It's not. It won't be. So once you have multiple
registries, you're in a whole new ballgame. Whole new ballpark, for
that matter.

Things have CHANGED since the IAHC, Perry. For the worse, for
the better, like them or hate them, they've still changed.

>The model is much like that for 800 numbers, where it has worked quite
>well.

Only because there is a single registry for 800 numbers. Are you, then,
advocating a single registry for all domain names?

--
Christopher Ambler, Personal Opinion Only