Re: Tired of Waiting

"Richard J. Sexton" writes:
> If a *registrar* gives poor performence, you switch registrars.
>
> If a *registry* is no good, you're stuck whether it's Chris or the
> CORE registry.

The registry is chartered as a non-profit in the public
interest. Chris Ambler is not. The registry, as we designed it in the
IAHC, is supposed to be a tightly regulated thing that did very
little, so there is very little for it to screw up, and very little
cost associated with it. Chris Ambler doesn't possess these features.

The model is much like that for 800 numbers, where it has worked quite
well.

Perry