Re: Tired of Waiting

-----Original Message-----
From: John Charles Broomfield <jbroom@manta.outremer.com>
<snip>

>Having covered initial cost, running costs are ridiculously low, and
service
>is relatively simple to give, so allowing a for-profit company to have a
>strangle-hold on this (ie allowing him to charge whatever he wants for
>example) would be bad practice.

Emergent is a for-profit company.
What are their prices ?

Also, since it is established in the U.S.
that registries are "ordinarily carried on
for profit", I do not think the IRS will approve
a non-profit registry. What good does it
do to design a system that works in
Switzerland but not in the U.S. ? or was
that the goal ?

http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/prod/bus_info/eo/index.html

http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/prod/bus_info/eo/bus-orgs.html

@@@@ http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/prod/bus_info/eo/bl-req.html

"No part of its net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private
shareholder or individual and it may not be organized for profit or
organized to engage in an activity ordinarily carried on for profit
(even if the business is operated on a cooperative basis or produces
only sufficient income to be self-sustaining)."

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation - http://www.unir.com